Top 10 Tech Tips for Students
USERNAMES & PASSWORDS
- Your network username (used to access computers on campus) is your S#. Your network password is initially set to StudentMMDDYYYY where MMDDYYYY is your date of birth (e.g. Student09231999)
- Your myACC username is your S#. Your myACC password is initially set to your date of birth in a six-digit format of MMDDYY (e.g 022898)
- Change your myACC and network passwords from these initial defaults as soon as possible. The new passwords must be 14 or more characters and must include three of the following four items: Uppercase letter, Lowercase letter, Number, Special Character (! @ % ^ & * _ - )
WiFi ACCESS ON CAMPUS
- Use the “ACC” wifi network on campus. This is an open network; no password or username is required to use the “ACC” wifi network.
HELPFUL TECH TOOLS (available to students who are actively registered for classes at ACC)
- Office 365: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneDrive, Outlook, Email, and other tools are available through myACC. We recommend you use OneDrive to store and share files.
- Outlook App: Download the Outlook app and synch your ACC student email to it
- Visit the Google PlayStore or Apple App Store on your mobile device
- Download the Microsoft Outlook app
- Click “Get Started,” then enter your full ACC student email address
- You will be prompted to enter your myACC login credentials (S# and associated password)
- Turn off “Focused Inbox” (click he Menu icon, click the Settings icon, turn off Focused Inbox)
- Printing: You receive a $25 printing credit at the beginning of each semester. Printing costs
$0.10 per page for black & white, $0.25 for color. If you run out, you can add to your account at the Cashier’s Office (Littleton Campus, main building, 2nd floor).
- Help Yourself! Trouble accessing a computer on campus; reset your own network password:
- Login to myACC
- Click on the Training & Technology tab
- Locate the “Classroom Computer Login Reset” section (left column)
- Enter a new password in the “New Password” and “Confirm Password” fields
- Click the “Reset my Active Directory Password” button
- 24/7 support with myACC access, student email access, D2L course access, call 1.888.800.9198.
- Online Course questions and resources, or D2L course access, can be directed to eLearning 303.797.5080 or email email@example.com .
- Bonus! The ACC-IT Helpdesk can assist with wifi access, classroom computers, printing and open lab computers. Visit http://helpdesk.arapahoe.edu for a knowledgebase of helpful hints, or call 303.797.5700, ext. 1283199.